Thursday, January 31, 2008

the remedy

i haven't been very stable recently... tears well up in my eyes and blur my vision without warning, i choke a little to hold back... the numbness in my heart doesn't feel like a hot iron searing but like when a sharp blade cuts, you don't feel the pain initially but then the blood starts oozing out... there is a deep feeling of dread that comes from my gut... the more i think the more i feel overwhelmed, the more i feel overwhelmed, the more depressed it get... i try to think logically, but some things defy logic... i look to the Bible, it has the answer, at least one half of it... but the truth is not always easy nor is doing the right thing... especially when man have devised many other solutions...

but i discovered a remedy yesterday, no matter what we are going through in life, all it takes is one look at the Saviour and how blessed we are to be in Him...

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
- excerpt from 'Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns

1 comment:

ling said...

this has always been one of my fav songs =)