Monday, April 03, 2006

Reality Check

I think most people (including me) need a reality check once in a while. Here are some things that came to mind today.

1. God does not owe you anything. Why is it we some times go around complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves if things don't go the way we want. Read about the children on Israel after God brought them out of Egypt and you'll go, "What the.... ? These people are just too much!" Wake up and look around you and realise we're all the same, in fact, worse. After having the amazing plans of God revealed to us, we still whine and sulk if we don't get our way. AND, to top it all off, God actually wants what's best for us... Mind boggling...

2. No circumstance we're in gives us the right to sin. I don't know about you, but i have often found myself going, "Aaargh, who cares about doing what is right anymore? I'll just do what I want and what I like!" This most probably takes place when I've been put in a situation where I feel life is unfair and I'm not getting what I deserve. Reality check, we deserve hell. Refer to point 1. I believe if we just realise how powerful, awesome, frightening and holy God is, we'd be scurrying around being obedient little servants and appreciating every drop of grace that has been lavishly showered upon us. All this after cleaning up the mess we made from peeing in our pants...

What a patient, patient God we have... let's not dare abuse His love...

2 comments:

Jaya said...

hard hitting reality check! thanks. wonder what inspired this entry after soooooo long. :)

sooaun said...

haha... thot it was meant for you? kinda relates to what you were going thru huh? well, it actually was a fresh thot yesterday morning while thinking about the Lord Jesus that John saw on the island of Patmos...