Thursday, January 26, 2006

i ask myself

how could i have loved you?
could it have been the way you looked at me?
the soft sweet words you spoke,
the way you made me laugh,
and knew just when to hold my hand?

why did i give myself to you?
was it the way you made me feel
when you'd call and talk for hours?
or when you ran your fingers across my face,
and kiss my lips and hold me close?

how did i put my faith in you?
and tell myself that you're the one;
the one i'd search for all those years,
to share my life and build my dreams
around a future we would share.

why is it that now i find myself alone at night,
wishing someone were by my side?
someone i could love with all my heart,
and give my all and place my trust
in; someone who'd help me
pick up the pieces of my shattered life and
broken dreams;
someone to share a future with...

and then i ask myself,
what if that someone were...
just like you?


- jan 10, 06

No comments: