Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bukit Lalang






A public holiday is such a precious thing. I know those who are still studying will not understand this. You will, when you start working. Anyway, Desmond asked during fellowship dinner if I wanted to join him and the others on another trip to Nuang. I was rather hesitant, considering my fitness level has deteriorated considerably since the last climb. But more importantly, I was really hoping to go somewhere with my teens club class. I really enjoy bringing them out and spending time with them and we were supposed to plan something, but firstly, they couldn't agree on a place to go and secondly, one three were present last saturday, making planning quite impossible. I was still hoping to arrange something so even if it was for a smaller group. Cheryl has the special girl's meeting on in the morning, so I had asked Jeya if he could come along to assist me. I've already learnt my lesson that I should never bring a bunch of kids out alone. When I checked with him yesterday, Jeya wanted to stay home and prepare his sunday message, but Cheryl was keen to assist me after her meeting ends at around 1:30pm. Long story short, we couldn't arrange anything in time. Then Kenny, my ex-colleague from SAE called and asked if I knew how to get to Bukit Lalang. Alvin had just mentioned this place to me on weds night during regional and I thought I could hook them up since he said he was going on labour day. A few calls here and there and I had arranged for Kenny to come to my place at 5:30am. Actually, I really needed some rest, but since I have not been able spend much time with Kenny for a long time and everytime he invites me to ride, I have to decline cos it's on a sunday, I agreed. Alvin later called to cancel.

I rarely type such 'cheong hei' story so back to short and sweet.

The place was packed. I hate packed trails. Of course if I were to bring a group on a trip there, then I would be as irritating to some people as they were to me. Not that I have anything against them, they have as much right to be there as I do, so I don't hate them, just the situation. Short climb up. Nice scenery. Sunrise wasn't so nice but bumped into Jia Yin :)





















As usual, more pics on FB:)

4 comments:

Jaya said...

you went alone in the end?

sooaun said...

went with my friend Kenny...

Terri said...

ah! The place looks like a nice place to climb!

sooaun said...

it's just a really short walk up the hill, Terry! nice place to take pictures, provided the place isn't swarming with people, that is... :)