Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Internal Injuries

I had the little finger on my left hand injured during futsal with the guys. Some home remedies and 4 weeks later it doesn't seem any better, maybe worse. So, i tell myself i have to get it seen to and drop by a chinese 'tabib'. This place was introduced to me by a supplier and is one of the shop lots at the pasar road market. 10 mins, some pain and 30 bucks later, i leave the place with my left hand bandaged up with chinese medicine and congratulate myself for not passing out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, it's weds night and i try unsuccessfully to hide the hideous bandage behind my songbook. Soon, everyone's asking what happened to my hand. Of course those who are closer know that i've been having this injury for some time but to those who didn't, now they know.

What IS my point exactly? Well, i was just thinking about how many of us are hurting and have problems but don't share it. And how every thinks everyone is doing fine and dandy when the opposite is true. Just like in mariage, we are taught early that if you don't communicate how you feel and what your opinion is, how do you expect your partner to know or understand what you are feeling or thinking? So it is with the church family. If i don't share with others the struggles i am going through, how are they to pray for me? If i don't voice out my point of view, how are others to know i disapprove of their actions or feel strongly about an issue? Sure, some problems cannot be yelled out from the top of the steeple but i feel a warm comfort in knowing that i have brethren who are with me in my trials and supporting me in prayer, don't you?

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." 1 Peter 5:16a

1 comment:

ling said...

thats an interesting thought kor.. thanks :)